Saturday, June 20, 2009

Course Reflection

Thinking back to the beginning of this course, I can not believe how much I have learned about technology and effective ways to integrate technology in my classroom. I had used a blog before but had never done a wiki or podcast. Now I feel confident that I could use all three effectively in my classroom.

I was a little nervous about facilitating in the classroom and letting the students take more ownership in their learning. I have discovered that they are more engaged, use higher level thinking and enjoy the classroom more. I really enjoy watching the excitement when they discover something new and take it to a level that I may have not planned for if I was teaching in a more traditional way. Students learn differently today, because they are digital natives and they need to be taught and guided in a way that will help prepare them for the global workforce.

I will continue learning new ways to help my students by completing my master's degree in, Integrating Technology in the Classroom. I also just found out that I received a Teaching and Learning for the 21st Century Grant through Washington State, so I will receive new equipment and professional development over the next two years. I am very excited because this will help me use what I am learning in my master's program.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy! Stopped by your blog. Love it! Congrats on the grant!
    ~Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amy! You disappeared from FB and I didn't know how to get a hold of you. Email me at lv2scrapbook@hotmail.com. Michelle (Connor) Miller

    ReplyDelete